One night I couldn't decide what I wanted more, pizza or hamburgers, so I combined the two. Now my 3 year-old daughter Amelia cheers every time we have pizza burgers! —Anna Rhyne, Anderson, South Carolina
- 1/3 cup each chopped fresh mushrooms, onion and green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Sliced ripe olives, fresh mushrooms and/or green pepper rings
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, olives, pepperoni, tomato paste and seasonings; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with cheese and pizza sauce. Add toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Pizza Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Supreme Pizza Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review