- 1/3 cup each chopped fresh mushrooms, onion and green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Sliced ripe olives, fresh mushrooms and/or green pepper rings
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, olives, pepperoni, tomato paste and seasonings; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with cheese and pizza sauce. Add toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Supreme Pizza Burgers
Sort By :
pretty tasty. everyone loved it
These Pizza Burgers were great. I also put in oven 350 degrees, for appox. 30 min.
I bet these would be GREAT baked in the oven. Not for sure how long or what temperature, but everyone doesn't have a grill!!