Supreme Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces small fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half of the marinade in two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one bag and the mushrooms, pepper and onions to the second bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. Thread the chicken, vegetables and pineapple alternately on skewers.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat, turning frequently, for 16-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 274 calories, 9g fat (0g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 38g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable
Reviews for Supreme Kabobs
"My family loves this recipe and I make it often. I do the ckn separate from the veggies though so it cooks evenly. Enjoy!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.