Supreme Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces small fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place half of the marinade in two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one bag and the mushrooms, pepper and onions to the second bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. Thread the chicken, vegetables and pineapple alternately on skewers.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat, turning frequently, for 16-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium soy sauce and unsweetened pineapple) equals 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable; also, 274 calories, 235 mg sodium, 97 mg cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrate, 38 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Reviews for Supreme Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.