Supreme Bagel Pizzas
"We used to enjoy pizza bagel bites from the freezer section, but found they weren't filling unless we made quite a few," writes Michel Potter from Caledonia, Michigan. "Now we use whole bagels to prepare a heartier meal that's ready in a jiffy. It's nice that we can each add our favorite toppings."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 plain bagels, split
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bagels on a baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Arrange five
- slices of pepperoni on each, covering the bagel hole with one slice.
- Top each with ham, bacon, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 308 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,168 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.