Suppertime Egg Burritos Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In a bowl, beat the eggs, egg substitute, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- 2. Stir in sauteed vegetables. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with cheddar cheese and salsa. Fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 burrito) equals 296 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.