Supper Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mustard or mayonnaise
- 2 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 1. Cut sausage in half widthwise; cut eat piece lengthwise to within 1/4 in. of opposite side. Place sausage cut side down in a large skillet; add red pepper, onion and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add tomato if desired; heat through. Spread mustard over cut sides of buns; fill with sausage and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 622 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1685mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Supper Sandwiches
"These took only a few minutes to make and tasted delicious. I used a spicy brown mustard."