Summertime…and all suppers should be as easy as these hefty and flavorful hand-held sandwiches. Sent in by Esther Danielson of Lake Arrowhead, California, they’re sure to be a hit with all ages! TIP: For variety, a tad more sophistication or just easier eating, serve these scrumptious sandwiches open-faced.
Recommended: 34 Dump Dinners for Your Slow Cooker
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mustard or mayonnaise
- 2 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- Cut sausage in half widthwise; cut eat piece lengthwise to within 1/4 in. of opposite side. Place sausage cut side down in a large skillet; add red pepper, onion and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato if desired; heat through. Spread mustard over cut sides of buns; fill with sausage and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Supper Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p24
Reviews for Supper Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2012
"These took only a few minutes to make and tasted delicious. I used a spicy brown mustard."