- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 12 slices pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef, sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pepperoni, sugar, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top each serving with two cheese pearls and two olive slices to resemble eyes.
Freeze option: Do not cook or add spaghetti. Freeze cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Place beef mixture in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Proceed as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Supernatural Spaghetti in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Supernatural Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2014
"Pretty good, but it did seem to be missing a little something...if I make it again, I may add some diced tomatoes or other seasonings."