- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 cups cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato paste, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over low heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk and Parmesan cheese until blended.
- Place noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread meat sauce over noodles. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Super Supper in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p64
Reviews for Super Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2016
"I followed the recipe exactly as written the first time I made this and while it wasn't bad - it was actually better the second night after a quick warming in microwave - it could use a tweak or two.Your own favorite meat sauce recipe could be substituted for the one used here, but it did have a pleasant tang. I would have preferred it to give the dry amount of noodles rather than the cooked amount; I cooked an entire bag just to be sure I had enough and used only two-thirds of the cooked noodles. Also, if you don't put them directly in the 13x9 pan after cooking, the noodles become a solid mass very quickly - tossing them with a beaten egg or a dash of butter would help I think. And finally, because the noodle portion was quite bland and dry, I'd pour the cheese sauce over the noodles first, then add the meat sauce, and top with shredded cheese, possibly an Italian cheese blend or just plain mozzarella.So again, really not bad as written but a few small changes would help. The Spaghetti Pie Casserole Recipe (with 33 reviews) found on this site might be a better choice; I'm trying that next."