Super Sub Sandwich Recipe
When I cook for a large group, I turn to this super sandwich. It can be assembled in minutes. —Laverne Renneber, Chelan, Saskatchewan
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf (20 inches) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 banana peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. Spread cream cheese on bottom half of bread. Layer with the ham, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes if desired, onion, peppers and lettuce. Replace top. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Yield: 10-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC