VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 4 spinach leaves
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray, saute the tomato, mushrooms, green pepper and onion until tender; remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, basil and pepper. Pour into skillet,; cook over medium heat. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, top with spinach, cheese slices and tortilla.
- Invert pan to flip omelet; return omelet to pan, tortilla side down. Place ham and sauteed vegetables on one side of omelet. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded cheese; fold the omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Super-Stuffed Omelet in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p29