Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes
These taters are packed! Your whole family will enjoy this hearty stuffed potato. —Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender,
- turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the salsa, chicken and
- cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon
- salsa mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with tomato. Serve with
- toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed potato (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 518 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,267 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.