- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the salsa, chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon salsa mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with tomato. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >