- 2-in. hole in center to form a ring. Bake at 425° for 12-14
- minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack to
- cool completely.
- For topping, in a small chilled bowl, beat cream until it begins to
- thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Just before serving, split cake into two horizontal layers. Spoon
- juice from berries over bottom layer. Spoon half of berries over
- juice. Spread with half of topping. Cover with top cake layer, then
- spread with remaining topping and spoon remaining berries over top.
- Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 348 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.