Super Strawberry Sherbet
This cool, smooth summertime treat is nice to have ready in the freezer for a special treat.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups sugar
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand until
- juicy, about 1-1/2 hours. Process in batches in a blender until
- pureed, Add milk, orange juice and cinnamon; cover and process until
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until
- ready to freeze. Transfer sherbet to freezer containers, allowing
- headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with
- remaining sherbet mixture. Yield: about 1 gallon.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.