Super Strawberry Sherbet
This cool, smooth summertime treat is nice to have ready in the freezer for a special treat.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups sugar
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine strawberries and sugar; let stand until juicy, about 1-1/2
- hours. Mash or puree in a blender in several batches. Add milk,
- orange juice and cinnamon; blend well. Pour into the cylinder of an
- ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions,
- or pour into ice cube trays without dividers. If preparing in trays,
- freeze about 3 hours, stirring two or three times. Yield: about 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.