- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to potato mixture. Fold in pecans if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Super Spud Brownies
Sort By :
"Made them and didn't like them at all. I used instant potatoes and made a cup of them. No one in my family liked them. They were too much like a cake and there wasn't enough chocolate flavour. I will admit that withy were moist. Will not make them again....sorry!"
"Thank you des432, that makes perfect sense, I wondered about the milk, salt, pepper, butter and whatever else you mix with the mashed potatoes?"
"I wonder if the recipe should have said cooked potato, mashed with fork? When you make potato candy, that is what you use. The potato turns liguidy when it's mixed with sugar. Just a thought"
"Since the recipe said "mashed" potatoes, I figured it meant already prepared, or leftover potatoes. Otherwise it would have said potato flakes or something like that."
"No one mentioned, are these dry mashed potatoes? or alredy prepared mashed potatoes?"