Super Spaghetti Sauce
At my house, we never know how many we'll have for dinner. That's why this spaghetti sauce is one of my favorites - flavorful, filling and fast. Smoked kielbasa gives it depth, and salsa adds the kick. —Bella Anderson, Chester, South Carolina
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook sausage over medium heat
- 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauces, salsa and reserved beef; heat through.
- Serve with pasta. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without pasta) equals 325 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,378 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now