- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook sausage over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauces, salsa and reserved beef; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Super Spaghetti Sauce
"Can't wait to try it! Sounds like an easy arrabiata sauce with lots of flavor. Although I love to cook from scratch, I'm all for the KISS formula now and then, especially when in a pinch. Thanks idontcarewhatmyscreennameis for suggesting the Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage. Gonna try it!"
" This is a super recipe because it follows the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) formula of which I subscribe to. It is quick and easy to prepare with items already in my pantry. I don't have to stand over a hot stove conjuring up a complicated sauce recipe! Jar sauces are excellent and have a variety of ingredients besides mushrooms. And like many recipes, this can be modified to suit dietary requirements, tastes, etc. For example, I substitute Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage for the Kielbasa. Thank you Bella Anderson for a Super Spaghetti Sauce Recipe."
"I thought this was great. my kids thought it was too much on the spicy side with the salsa, but I liked it. Maybe I'll just use a bit less next time."