Super Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauces, salsa and reserved beef; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Super Spaghetti Sauce(4)
Sort By :
Can't wait to try it! Sounds like an easy arrabiata sauce with lots of flavor. Although I love to cook from scratch, I'm all for the KISS formula now and then, especially when in a pinch. Thanks idontcarewhatmyscreennameis for suggesting the Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage. Gonna try it!
This is a super recipe because it follows the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) formula of which I subscribe to. It is quick and easy to prepare with items already in my pantry. I don't have to stand over a hot stove conjuring up a complicated sauce recipe! Jar sauces are excellent and have a variety of ingredients besides mushrooms. And like many recipes, this can be modified to suit dietary requirements, tastes, etc. For example, I substitute Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage for the Kielbasa. Thank you Bella Anderson for a Super Spaghetti Sauce Recipe.
I thought this was great. my kids thought it was too much on the spicy side with the salsa, but I liked it. Maybe I'll just use a bit less next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >