Super Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-2/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Super Sloppy Joes(44)
Sort By :
This was wonderful! I followed all instructions. I served with Texas Toast and cooked carrots. Will make again! Thank you!
This is a keeper! Because it makes 10 servings I freeze the remaining portions in 1/2 cup servings. My husband knows they are there waiting in the freezer for when he needs a quick and yummy sandwich.
I thought this was very bland. I'll definitely need to add some additional seasoning the next time around.. all I could taste was the ketchup. I was a bit disappointed given the high rating of the recipe.
This is really good. I loved it, my husband said he liked the stuff out of a can better....he ain't rating it, I think it is wonderful. Thank you for sharing!
I thought this was a little bland so I added a tsp of Cajun seasoning and a little cayenne pepper. Then I thought it was great.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >