Super Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-2/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Super Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
Little bland so I added some chipolte pepper seasoning.
I remember a similar recipe that I used to serve my family many years ago with garden produce of peppers, celery, tomatoes, tomato juice, onions and garlic...we used to freeze a lot and even canned all the ingredients except the meat, then added fried hamburg to a jar when we wanted sloppy joes, it was delicious.
This was SOOO good! Everyone loved it and we will never eat Sloppy Joes any other way!
This was wonderful! I followed all instructions. I served with Texas Toast and cooked carrots. Will make again! Thank you!
This is a keeper! Because it makes 10 servings I freeze the remaining portions in 1/2 cup servings. My husband knows they are there waiting in the freezer for when he needs a quick and yummy sandwich.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >