Super Short Ribs Recipe
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Place onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add ribs and bay leaf. Combine the beer, brown sugar, mustard, tomato paste, thyme, bouillon, salt and pepper. Pour over meat.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer juices to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- 4. Combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 257 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Super Short Ribs
"Great recipe!! I did use pork ribs but kept everything else the same"
"My entire family, including two picky kids, really enjoyed this meal. They voted it a "keeper" and have already asked for it again. Yummy and super simple - great combination."
"This was so flavorful. I added some minced garlic like one review said."
"It tasted like beef roast with carrots mfrom the oven. Nothing outstanding. Lacked umph!"
"Short ribs done in a crock pot is so delicious. One of my favorite dinners."
"I forgot to mention that I added a couple of minced garlic cloves, sliced carrots, celery and broccoli to the onions, which all added to the flavor of this dish."
"I made this tonight; easy and very tasty! The gravy has such an interesting flavor! I highly recommend this recipe!!"
"Very tasty and the whole gang loved it"