Super Sandwich Recipe
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) unsliced sourdough, white or whole wheat bread
- 1/2 pound sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound sliced salami
- 1/4 pound sliced cooked pork
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced Muenster cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, onion, olives and salad dressing; set aside.
- 2. Cut 1 in. off the top of the bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.)
- 3. Layer a fourth of the ham, salami, pork and cheeses inside the shell. Top with third of the vegetable mixture. Repeat layers, ending with meat and cheeses, gently pressing down to flatten as needed.
- 4. Replace bread top; wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 641 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,767 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Super Sandwich
"This sandwich is quick and easy to make and gets lots of compliments!"
"Everytime I serve this sandwich everyone loves it, I have changed up the bread to an italian loaf makes it easier to serve"
"Difficult to eat, but Very Good!"