Super-Quick Shrimp & Green Chili Quesadillas Recipe
If I am really short on time, I head to the grocery store for prepared guacamole. Swap in shredded rotisserie chicken for shrimp for another fun option. —Angie Ressa, Cheney, Washington
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cheese, shrimp, green chilies and green onions. Place half of the tortillas on a greased griddle; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with salsa and garlic salt. Serve with quesadillas. Yield: 4 servings (1/2 cup guacamole).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC