After my first child was born, I needed meals that were satisfying and fast. This fried rice is now part of our routine dinners. — Alicia Gower, Auburn, New York
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve garden vegetable rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil and remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until rice begins to brown.
- Stir in chicken, salt and pepper. Add eggs and vegetables; heat through, breaking eggs into small pieces and stirring to combine. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Super Quick Chicken Fried Rice in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Super Quick Chicken Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review