Super Pizza Subs Recipe
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 9 inches), split
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 18 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 36 mild banana pepper rings
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1. On bottom half of sandwich buns, layer sausage, ham, pizza sauce, cheese, onion, banana peppers, pepperoni and salami. Replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in heavy-duty foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 930 calories, 44 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 3,029 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.