Super Pizza Subs Recipe
"My husband loves this zippy sub sandwich," writes Kathy Bennett of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Italian sausage, pepperoni and salami provide the robust flavors in this family-pleasing fare. If you'd like, serve the crispy subs with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 9 inches), split
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 18 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 36 mild banana pepper rings
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1. On bottom half of sandwich buns, layer sausage, ham, pizza sauce, cheese, onion, banana peppers, pepperoni and salami. Replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in heavy-duty foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 930 calories, 44 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 3,029 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Reviews for Super Pizza Subs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC