Super Pizza Subs Recipe
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 9 inches), split
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 18 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 36 mild banana pepper rings
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1. On bottom half of sandwich buns, layer sausage, ham, pizza sauce, cheese, onion, banana peppers, pepperoni and salami. Replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in heavy-duty foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 930 calories, 44g fat (19g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 3029mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 53g protein.
Reviews for Super Pizza Subs
"not that good"
"These subs are absolutely fabulous! I made these for a party the other night and received rave reviews. Full of flavor and simple to make. I made them earlier in the day and refrigerated until I was ready to put in the oven. Will definitely make again."