"My husband loves this zippy sub sandwich," writes Kathy Bennett of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Italian sausage, pepperoni and salami provide the robust flavors in this family-pleasing fare. If you'd like, serve the crispy subs with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 9 inches), split
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 pound shaved deli ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 18 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 36 mild banana pepper rings
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- On bottom half of sandwich buns, layer sausage, ham, pizza sauce, cheese, onion, banana peppers, pepperoni and salami. Replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in heavy-duty foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Super Pizza Subs in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p36
Reviews for Super Pizza Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review