- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the onion, tomato, salt and pepper; set aside. Mash beans with 1/3 cup of water; place in skillet and cook over medium heat until hot. Stir in oil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili powder and remaining water; cook until liquid evaporates.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chips in a single layer. Top with teaspoonfuls of bean and meat mixtures. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Serve with avocado mixture and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Super Nachos in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Super Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2013
"Loma Linda's in Toledo . . . Doesn't get any better than this!!"
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2013
"We always have to order the super nachos at Loma Linda's. it wouldn't be the same without starting our meal with these!"
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012