- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the onion, tomato, salt and pepper; set aside. Mash beans with 1/3 cup of water; place in skillet and cook over medium heat until hot. Stir in oil; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili powder and remaining water; cook until liquid evaporates.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange chips in a single layer. Top with teaspoonfuls of bean and meat mixtures. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Serve with avocado mixture and sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Super Nachos
Sort By :
Loma Linda's in Toledo . . . Doesn't get any better than this!!
We always have to order the super nachos at Loma Linda's. it wouldn't be the same without starting our meal with these!