Super Nacho Appetizer Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup bottled taco sauce
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the meat mixture, refried beans, chilies, cheese and taco sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- For guacamole, in a small bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in lemon juice and garlic salt. Cool nacho mixture for 5 minutes. Top with guacamole, sour cream, tomato and olives. Garnish with additional cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 30 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Super Nacho Appetizer(4)
Sort By :
This was good though next time I will substitute black olives for the pimiento stuffed olives.
We served this at our Super Bowl party. Everyone loved it. Once the ingredients are gathered it's easy to put together.
This is so good! I like it better than my dip recipe I always use.I used black olives instead of the green and added cilantro, green onions and nacho sliced pickled jalapenos to the top. I would definitely make this again.Great recipe-I love the chorizo!
It looks and tastes absolutely delicious. My family loved it and I would definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >