Super Italian Chopped Salad Recipe
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 slices deli ham, chopped
- 5 thin slices hard salami, chopped
- 5 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 3 slices provolone cheese, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepperoncini, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoncini, if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Super Italian Chopped Salad(29)
Sort By :
I really liked this salad and so did the rest of the family. The best part was all of the meat involved. The dressing was a bit bland, but was still light and good. I will be using a different dressing the next time I make it.
Great salad! Lots of goodies in it and the dressing was perfect for it.
I'm not a fan of Italian dressing, but this salad and the dressing is excellent!
I loved the combo of veggies and meat, great one dish dinner for a hot evening w/ a slice of crusty bread! I did add some Italian seasoning to the dressing.
Nice and light and so yummy. Delicious