Super Ham Spread
I reach for this recipe whenever I need a simple yet special snack for guests. As a matter of fact, I've been serving it for over 20 years, and it's always met with rave reviews.
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 container (8 ounces) cold pack cheddar cheese spread, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Snack rye bread or assorted crackers or pretzels
- In a large bowl, combine cheese spread and cream cheese; mix well.
- Stir in the next six ingredients. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Serve with
- bread, crackers or pretzels. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.