We take this spicy soup to rodeos on cool nights or sip it by a campfire. For toppings, try onions, avocado, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and salsa. —Gloria Huse, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Recommended: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Skim fat before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super Fast Mexican Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p21
Reviews for Super Fast Mexican Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2015
"Easy and fast--definitely! I added a can of refried beans to thicken it up a little. This is a great recipe for whipping up quickly to take to home-bound individuals, potlucks, etc. Everyone who tasted it loved it!"
Reviewed May. 7, 2015
"Easy and nothing but raves."