Super-Fast Corn Bread
This quick, easy and flavorful corn bread can be eaten right when it comes out of the oven.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Combine biscuit mix and cornmeal in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and
- milk; stir into dry ingredients. Transfer to a greased 9-in.
- oven-proof skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 201 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.