Super Easy Strawberry Sherbet Recipe
This easy-to-make sherbet is the best way I know to enjoy the taste of fresh strawberries all year long. It's also a very pretty dessert—the perfect way to end a meal. My husband says it's better than any store bought ice cream!
- STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM:
- 2 cups finely mashed fresh strawberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1-1/2 cups strawberry freezer jam
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- 1. For jam, in a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring the water and pectin to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add to the strawberry mixture; stir for 3 minutes. Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 2. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. (Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks and freeze for up to 12 months.) Yield: about 5 cups.
- 3. For sherbet, combine 1-1/2 cups freezer jam and buttermilk; pour into a freezer container and freeze until firm.
- 4. Break frozen mixture into large pieces; place in a small chilled bowl. Beat until fluffy. Return to freezer container; cover and freeze until firm. (Can also be frozen in ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.)
- 5. Spoon into sherbet dishes. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves if desired. Yield: about 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 487 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 121g carbohydrate (116g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Super Easy Strawberry Sherbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC