Super Easy Spaghetti Sauce
At my house, we never know how many we'll have for dinner. That's why this spaghetti sauce is one of my favorites - flavorful, filling and fast. Italian sausage gives it depth, and salsa adds the kick.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook sausage over medium heat
- until browned and no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, salsa and beef; heat through. Serve with
- pasta; if desired, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.