- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches
"I prepared this delicious tuna sandwich for my mom and I and it was wonderful, mom loved all the fresh crunchy veggies. I used regular mayonnaise. This recipe is a keeper.."
"This is the best tasting tuna sandwich. I added 1 extra tablespoon of mayonaise for my own taste. I also used dill relish instead of sweet relish. Great recipe. Very filling. All the extra vegetables in the mixture makes it really healthy."
"I'm so excited to see my recipe here among some of the very best!!Thank you for publishing it!Nae' Bartolomeo"