If packing this fantastic sandwich for a brown-bag lunch, keep the bread separate from the salad so it doesn’t get soggy. You can also try serving the tuna salad with crackers, as a wrap or on lettuce. Nae Bartolomeo - Indianola, IA
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p17
Reviews for Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review