If packing this fantastic sandwich for a brown-bag lunch, keep the bread separate from the salad so it doesn’t get soggy. You can also try serving the tuna salad with crackers, as a wrap or on lettuce. Nae Bartolomeo - Indianola, IA
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p17
Reviews for Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2016
"I prepared this delicious tuna sandwich for my mom and I and it was wonderful, mom loved all the fresh crunchy veggies. I used regular mayonnaise. This recipe is a keeper.."
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2009 Edited Jul. 5, 2009
"I'm so excited to see my recipe here among some of the very best!!Thank you for publishing it!Nae' Bartolomeo"