Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
If packing this fantastic sandwich for a brown-bag lunch, keep the bread separate from the salad so it doesn’t get soggy. You can also try serving the tuna salad with crackers, as a wrap or on lettuce. Nae Bartolomeo - Indianola, IA
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2009 Edited Jul. 5, 2009
I'm so excited to see my recipe here among some of the very best!!
Thank you for publishing it!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >