- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Super-Duper Chili
"We love this, freezes well too."
"This was tasty and easy. My husband wasn't that big of a fan, but I loved it."
"I wasn't sure about this recipe due to the Velveeta cheese and cream of mushroom soup but I made it anyway and guess what? I loved it!! It was great and my family liked it too. A bit on the hot side so if you want to tame it down, omit one can of the hot chili beans. Also, just a tip---Walmart brand makes a "cheese dip" in a jar that I used instead of the Velveeta because it was a lot cheaper. Enjoy!"
"I have made this Chili since 2006 for everything from cold winter dinners, camping with friends and family to our Christmas Eve open house. Everyone loves it always!!! My husband and I are now doing Weight Watchers and by calculating this recipe as it's writen it's only 7 points!!!! I'm gonna trim the points a bit by using low fat/salt items and turkey meat products."