Super Crispy Baked Chicken
Combine mashed potato flakes with Parmesan cheese for an ultra-crunchy coating to oven-baked chicken that is oh-so-tender and perfectly moist.—June Brown, Veneta, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine potato flakes,
- Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning and pepper. Place butter in
- another shallow dish. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with potato
- flake mixture.
- Place on a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered,
- 50-65 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 766 calories, 48 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.