Combine mashed potato flakes with Parmesan cheese for an ultra-crunchy coating to oven-baked chicken that is oh-so-tender and perfectly moist.—June Brown, Veneta, Oregon
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning and pepper. Place butter in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place on a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 50-65 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Baked Chicken in Taste of Home October 2011, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Super Crispy Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review