Super Chunky Cookies Recipe
Chocolate lovers will go crazy over these cookies—they have four kinds of chocolate! "When friends ask me to make 'those' cookies, I know they mean this recipe," says Rebecca Jendry of Spring Branch, Texas. "One of these will keep you going until mealtime."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:78 servings
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC