- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Super Chunky Cookies
"After I got started on these cookies, I realized that I didn't have toffee bits or white chocolate chips, so I used 2 cups of chocolate chips and about 1/2 cup each of butterscotch and peanut butter chips. Yum!"
"We make these ALL of the time. They are so amazing. We often leave out the nuts for fussy guests and you don't miss a thing."
"Nice and chewy. They turned out exactly like the picture. Make sure you use a sturdy spoon to stir in all the chips."
"these cookies are a big hit. I have made them three times and have never been disappointed."