- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Super Chunky Cookies
"What can I use instead of shortening?"
"We make these ALL of the time. They are so amazing. We often leave out the nuts for fussy guests and you don't miss a thing."
"Nice and chewy. They turned out exactly like the picture. Make sure you use a sturdy spoon to stir in all the chips."
"these cookies are a big hit. I have made them three times and have never been disappointed."