Super Brownies Recipe
Even though he's not a chocolate fan, my husband likes these brownies. I fix them for family, company and potlucks. Loaded with macadamia nuts, these chunky, bite-size treats never fail to catch attention on a buffet table. If you prefer, replace the macadamia nuts with pecans. —Bernice Muilenburg, Molalla, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4-2/3 cups (28 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 4 eggs
- 5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or pecans, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter with sugar over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted.
- 2. Pour into a large bowl; beat in water. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; beat into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips and 1 cup nuts.
- 3. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips and nuts. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until the center is set (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 bar equals 206 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC