Super Bowl Stromboli Recipe
Guests will scramble for this warm loaf stuffed with ham, cheese and more. "It tends to disappear quickly-you might consider making two," suggests Mary Anita Ruppert of Petersborough, Ontario.
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 6 thin slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices summer sausage or salami
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and garlic salt. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. place on a greased baking sheet.
- 4. Place ham down center of rectangle; top with cheese and sausage. Spread mustard over meat; sprinkle with green pepper.
- 5. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, folding alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,076 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Super Bowl Stromboli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC