Sunshine Tart Recipe
Despite its brightly beaming nature, all eyes will be directly on this golden orb when you bring it out at a brithday event...so don't wait 'till the sun goes down to serve up slices! On the face of it, t he lighthearted tart will attract attention thanks to its pretzel-stick rays, sublime lime sunglasses and smiling strawberry lips. Besides those whimsical decorations, the dazzling dessert's homemasde crust, cream cheese layer and lemon topping are sure to get glowing reviews.
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 21 pretzel sticks
- 1 medium lime
- 1 fresh strawberry with hull
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust; top with pie filling. Remove sides of pan; place tart on a 17-in. round covered board or platter
- Break seven pretzel sticks in half. Insert 1 in. apart into cream filling, alternating whole and halved pretzels.
- For sunglasses, cut the lime in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place two large lime slices, cut side up, for sunglasses. Remove the pulp from two more slices; cut two strips of peel and place next to lime slices.
- Remove leaves from strawberry; place over sunglasses for eyelashes. Cut strawberry in half; place with cut side down and wide sides together for mouth. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Tart in Country Woman July/August 2000, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sunshine Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review