Sunshine Sweet Rolls Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) carrot baby food
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pudding mix, baby food and cinnamon until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir.
- 3. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; shape each portion into a ball. Roll each into a 9-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with carrot mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 4. Cut each into six rolls. Place cut side up in two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 364 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Sunshine Sweet Rolls
"This is our absolute favorite cinnamon roll recipe! They are super soft and sweet. Wonderful goodness! You'd never guess there was carrot or baby food in it, but I think the baby food lends to the tenderness. We often make them for contractors working at our place and they rave over them.I always keep a jar of baby food on hand with my other staple ingredients so they can be mixed up at any time."