Sunshine Sweet Rolls Recipe
This bread-machine recipe is my new favorite. The cream cheese filling and drizzled icing make these golden brown rolls a special treat for breakfast or snacking. —Alice Shepherd, Maryville, Tennessee
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) carrot baby food
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pudding mix, baby food and cinnamon until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir.
- 3. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; shape each portion into a ball. Roll each into a 9-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with carrot mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 4. Cut each into six rolls. Place cut side up in two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC