Sunshine State Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add cold water to juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Chill until partially set. Stir in grapefruit, apple, pecans and pineapple; pour into a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Chill until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 65 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Sunshine State Salad
"My husband is diabetic so he very much appreciated this recipe as I used sugar-free gelatin and unsweetened pineapple. The only other thing different I did was I used canned grapefruit segments, drained and patted dry."