Sunshine State Orange Bread Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk water, orange juice, egg, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Sunshine State Orange Bread(1)
Sort By :
I found this recipe as a result of accidentally purchasing high pulp orange juice which I don't like but don't want to throw away. The bread has a lovely light orange color, great texture and wonderful orange flavor. It's very easy to make, my 5 year old daycare boy had a great time helping me make this. We skipped the nuts and orange peel and it still turned out great. I will be sharing this with my Bible study group and imagine they will love it too. I also love that it is different from the usual banana or lemon quick breads. You won't be sorry if you try this one!