This pretty glazed loaf is bursting with fresh citrus flavor. Walnuts add a subtle nuttiness and yummy texture to the moist slices. It's one recipe you can serve year after year, and never tire of it. —Mrs. MRS PRISCILLA Gilbert, IND HBR BCH, Florida
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk water, orange juice, egg, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Sunshine State Orange Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p154
Reviews for Sunshine State Orange Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review