- tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold
- into batter. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly
- touched. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely. Run a knife
- around sides of pan and remove cake to a serving plate. In a bowl,
- cream 2 cups sugar, butter, lemon juice and extracts. Slowly add
- remaining sugar. If needed, beat in a small amount of water until
- the frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost cake.
- Garnish with daisies and lemon verbena if desired. Yield: 14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 363 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.